Information about Eduroam
Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain Internet connectivity across campus and when visiting other participating institutions by simply opening their laptop.
1. First connection to Wi-Fi if you have not set the password for Eduroam yet
If you don’t set the Eduroam yet, you can use the Wi-Fi pedf-public for the first connection and for the Eduroam setting. Connect and open the webbrowser. In the form use the checkbox „univerzitní“ and login with your university account (CAS).
2. Set the password for Wi-Fi Eduroam or show the password if you have set it before
If you already have Eduroam account (e.g. at your home university), you can use the account from your university.
If you don’t have Eduroam at your home university:
- Log in with the university account (CAS) at cas.cuni.cz. If you log-in for the first time, you will be asked to change your CAS password.
- Choose from left menu: Other accounts – Set password for eduroam realm cuni.cz and set your password for Eduroam. You can also show your password if you have set it before (the button “Show your password”).
- Your login is email@example.com, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see your student number under the photo on your student card.
3. Connect to Wi-Fi Eduroam (first setting)
If you are at faculty and if you don’t set the Eduroam yet, you can use the Wi-Fi pedf-public for the first connection and for the Eduroam setting.
Mobile phones and tablets– usually just connect to Eduroam and fill the login and password. If the connection failed, set the authentication protocol as PEAP and MSCHAP v2.
For Win 7 and Vista You can use automatic configuration program: http://uvt.cuni.cz/UVT-416-version1-eduroamcuni.exe.
For Win 8 You can use automatic configuration program: http://uvt.cuni.cz/UVT-480-version1-eduroamcuni2.exe.
For Win 10 just connect to Eduroam and fill the login and password.
More information and instructions for other operation systems and mobile devices at this site: http://uvt.cuni.cz/UVTENG-20.html
4. eduroam Companion – App for Apple and Android
The eduroam Companion app provides users with the locations eduroam-enabled institutions worldwide, allowing them to locate the nearest source of secure internet access.
You can show your password at http://cas.cuni.cz (see section 2)
Not able to connect
Check your username – it should be email@example.com
Check your password. It is different from your university password. You can show it after login at http://cas.cuni.cz.
Not able to set the password at cas.cuni.cz, because I don’t have verified password.
Visit Card Service Centre.
Not able to connect with mobile phone or tablet
Set the authentication protocol as PEAP and MSCHAP v2
Not able to connect Win 7 or Win 8.
Download configuration program (see section 3).